Saturday, November 12, 2011

Choose the Right Phone and Apps Will Follow

by Holly Shoemaker

I know many people debate this topic so I hope others will feel free to leave comments here. We will always have people who will go with Apple products and others who prefer the Android ones. I loved a Samsung phone I once had, but that one unfortunately took a bath in some low-calorie Gatorade and it rendered my phone useless (the bottle opened in my bag). When I went back to my carrier, I could no longer get that phone. Based on that, I was not too surprised when the Samsung Galaxy SII beat the iPhone 4 in sales in late October and won the Phone of the Year award at the Stuff Gadget Awards this month.

In general, consumers sometimes become picky and those who love technology and gadgets will likely try new products. At the same time, people will still remain loyal to their iPhones. Because the Android market promotes open-source technology and the ability to customize more functions, it makes sense that an Android phone would eventually outsell the iPhone. People always search for the next release of a product – whether they remain loyal to a brand, or they heard the company fixed certain defects. The same logic holds true with mobile apps.

Concluding Thoughts

People need to find the right phone and app(s) that work for them. If you like the features you have on your smartphone, you will want to use your phone more. The more time you spend using your smartphone, the more time you will likely spend downloading apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment